- GroundGame Health will now be branded GroundGame.Health to reflect the digital transformation of the organization.
- Deal provides increased resources, innovative technology, and decades of healthcare experience.
- GroundGame.Health’s proprietary platform and artificial intelligence powered cloudware accelerate the flow of resources from Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) to Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and improve the flow of member/patient data from CBOs to MCOs. This enables Community Based Organizations to scale and amplify their missions, helping exponentially more of the people who need it most.
- Already active in 26 states with over 250 Community Based Organizations, the acquisition will give GroundGame.Health the ability to grow its network of CBOs and scale its solution to engage more MCOs.
- New diverse leadership team brings proven record of eliminating healthcare equity gaps
GroundGame Health, one of the leaders in addressing social determinants of health (SDoH) to improve patient care and eliminate equity gaps, has been acquired by its new executive team. New CEO Susan Rawlings Molina and new President Sri Akula bring increased access to financial resources and proven ability to capitalize enterprise-level technologies that have helped millions of people realize improved healthcare outcomes and generated billions of revenue dollars. The new name, GroundGame.Health
“Why will our acquisition of GroundGame.Health make a difference?” asked Ms. Molina, who was the CEO of HealthPlan Services and is on the board of RecoveryOne. “Because 85% of healthcare dollars are spent on treating 20% of the population. Resources aren’t reaching these people fast enough at ground level, where it would make a difference. Social Determinants of Health, prevention, early detection… every factor that can improve health outcomes and lower healthcare costs depends on engaging people early and consistently. The community-based organizations that this population already interacts with – ground level organizations – are best positioned to do this. We have transformed GroundGame.Health to create a technology and datadriven solution that opens the power of innovation, data-driven insights, and relationships to smash barriers in the healthcare ecosystem. This means resources get to ground level where they amplify and accelerate the missions of communitybased organizations to help people who need it most.”
GroundGame.Health has built an A.I.-powered platform to connect caregivers, insurance providers and prospective patients. Mr. Akula, the CIO responsible for much of HealthPlan Services and UnitedHealth Group’s digital transformation and population health management success, explains that the technology “provides early warning signals to patients, caregivers, and insurance payers so people who previously did not have access to resources can get the information and support they need to make meaningful changes. Vast amounts of research show that this is what will save lives and money, especially in the most disadvantaged communities.”
About GroundGame Health GroundGame.Health is a team of healthcare leaders who have come together to create a platform and process that opens the power of innovation, data-driven insights, and relationships to smash barriers in the healthcare ecosystem. This means resources get to ground level where they amplify and accelerate the missions of community-based organizations to help people who need it most. GroundGame.Health already has proven success with one of the nation’s largest payers and hundreds of ground level organizations to improve outcomes, lower costs, and enable people to live their best quality lives.
Groundgame Health Media Contact:
GroundGame Health firstname.lastname@example.org